How to Remove Ticks
- May be used in any direction to remove ticks, from front, back or side.
- (Note the different direction in photos)
- Once the tick has been isolated, is clearly visible and free from obstruction, place the wide part of the notch on the skin near the tick (hold skin taut if necessary). Applying slight pressure downward on the skin, slide the remover forward so the small part of the notch is framing the tick.
- Continuous forward sliding motion detaches the tick.
- (Do not pry, lever or lift up.)
- The tick is now completely removed for disposal (or may be saved for testing).
- Treat the wound as needed.
- Clean your tick remover with alcohol or similar disinfectant.
- For adult and adult supervised use; not a toy